August 14, 2019


Malvertising: Not All Browser-Based Security Warnings are Legit


McAfee has expired warning


This is NOT a real Security Warning; It is an Ad!


If this suddenly popped up while you were browsing, would you think it is legit?

Several days in a row, I have had the Bradenton Herald open in another tab, reached by following a link to read an article. By the time I switched over to the tab, I actually had to use the "Back" button to read the article.

Folks, this is just an ad in disguise. DO NOT be fooled and click on the actual link. This is why so many of us surf using ad-blockers. And in fact, my ad-blocker is being re-enabled on this site, as I am sick of scam ads interupting my news reading.

I do not even use McAfee or recommend it to others. I am not sure if clicking the link would actually bring you to a legit security product. More likely, it would lead to malware, the exact opposite of software that protects your PC.

Do NOT fall for this adware scam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing to the discussion! Your feedback is valued! (Unless you are a sunglasses or work at home spammer, in which case, your comment will be promptly deleted. :D) The Mods are reviewing it, to keep those types away! ;)