July 17, 2019

Windows Update May Have Enabled Your Firewall

Did Windows Update Cause Your Page Loading to Slow to a Crawl?

Firewall, Burn, Fire, Wall, Mirroring, 3D, Blender

Having Internet Issues lately? Did you do the latest Windows Update recently?


I did...and apparently it enabled the Windows Firewall with no apparent way to turn it off. I already run a firewall that is part of my a/v, and dueling firewalls make your internet slow to a crawl.

What worked for me was disabling the firewall portion of my a/v completely for about 15 minutes. Then I re-enabled it from within my a/v program. When I went back to check the state of my Windows Firewall again, it had now shut itself off, deferred to my already installed and active firewall, and I was able to load pages again.

If you are having issues after the latest Windows Update, check to ensure you are not suffering from dueling Firewalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing to the discussion! Your feedback is valued! (Unless you are a sunglasses or work at home spammer, in which case, your comment will be promptly deleted. :D) The Mods are reviewing it, to keep those types away! ;)