July 9, 2019

YouTube Comes Back to Fire TV

YouTube Returns to Fire TV



Today, Amazon announced the return of a dedicated YouTube App to the Fire TV.  However, they did NOT make this new app easy to find.  TechLaurels went through the steps to find this app and get it activated.  We detailed the steps on our Facebook page. The post is embedded below.



Text of the Facebook Post:


Despite the fact that Amazon announced a YouTube app for Fire TV would be available today, a lot of folks are having trouble locating it. DO NOT go to the Amazon App store to try to find it. All you will find are scammy 3rd Party apps that have been available for a while.
Here is what worked for me. I have a Fire TV Cube. I asked Alexa to go home on Fire TV. Then I asked Alexa to open YouTube. That brought me to a screen where I could use the remote to click on a "get" link. Once downloaded, I told Alexa to open YouTube.The app launched to a sign-in screen. To access your personal content, you will need to sign in. I activated/signed in via PC with a code given on the screen. This is MUCH EASIER than trying to sign in to your Google account using the FireTV remote. Once I activated my Fire Cube, I could access ALL of my Google Play content, including my purchased music, TV shows, and movies. My Vudu and Fandango movies also showed up, thanks to Movies Anywhere account linking.

We hope this helps anyone having issues finding the new YouTube App on their Fire Stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing to the discussion! Your feedback is valued! (Unless you are a sunglasses or work at home spammer, in which case, your comment will be promptly deleted. :D) The Mods are reviewing it, to keep those types away! ;)